Tuesday 1 May 2012

My change of heart towards Pop Punk/Skacore/Surf rock

I feel like someone who was a hardcore atheist who did the Dianetics test to stroke his atheist clitoris and have a big orgasm revelling in the fact that religion is a big load of shite, but got converted. Instead of sitting back, contented and dripping with atheist love sauce, you're suddenly telling everyone you know about space dust, and great space apes massaging your nerves to calm you down and the flocks of extra terrestrial overlords who will soon be arriving to save all of those who give a ten thousand euro salvation deposit immediately, cash only accepted.

That is pretty much how I feel. I was a big metal head years back. Anything that wasn't really heavy black or death metal or grind or what have you, was pretty much in the pile of "Shit that I think is bollocks". Since I am no longer a fifteen year old hormone pot, bursting with jizz and anger, I have become a lot more open minded. Although I wasn't overly into pop music and electronic music for years, I never insulted it as much as I insulted teeny bopper fun punk.

For at least 7 years, anyone I met who liked any of the following bands was a poser nonce, who needed to be slandered and dishonoured at once -  The Skints, Sublime, Tsunami Bomb, Blink 182, The Distillers, Green Day, Bad Religion, Pennywise, NOFX, Green Day, The Offspring, Agent Orange... The list really does go on and on.

Due to being unemployed, I have a lot more time to listen to music. Thus, I gave these bands a chance AND ACTUALLY LIKE THEM. I can't let anyone know, or I'll get the Nobel Prize for "Worst case of going full retard."

Anyway fun punk, we are friends now. I'm sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on developing a sense of humour!


    Would download a compilation of the bands you now like.

    ReplyDelete