Friday 4 May 2012

Shit that is somewhat bollocks

OUTCAST.


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396219/

So... Outcast was a film that popped up out of nowhere, unlike my cock after I've had more than three drinks. I don't know exactly where I saw it advertised, but it was a horror website anyway, so I felt compelled to give it the 'aul IMDB look over. Almost immediately I saw the words "Irish" and "Traveller". Word recognition truly is a wondrous thing. I figured even if this film wasn't up to my stupidly high standards, (which I only have with films, not women) I'd get a kick from the badly done Irish accents.Within seconds I was torrenting it, drool streaming from my open mouth and rainbows spraying from my eyes with excitement. After seeing "Snatch" when I was younger, any film that contains scenes with English or Irish travellers is going to be memorable.

I don't know what the general consensus is on this film, but I enjoyed it. Not as a horror movie, but it was entertaining. The inner city youths in the film and their over the top violence could have brought warmth to the most marble of hearts. "Oi, look what I've brought for you, ya mongo cunt" being the stand-out quote of the film. The accents aren't as bad as something like Darby O Gill, which of course I was thankful for. The usual horror violence is there, and the first scene in the film has boobs. I count this as a positive. The action sequences are few and far between, but work well when they pop their softcore gore heads around.

James Cosmo is some sort of traveller wizard in this film. That was probably the best sentence ever. I often wake up from dreams smiling. Dreams where sentences like "James Cosmo is traveller wizard" are read on the news. I like James Cosmo and he plays a semi-interesting character in the seven minutes of screen time he is given.

The effects are kinda gammy, but not bad enough to make this a B movie.

2.5 out of 5. Watch it, don't have high expectations. Enjoy it for what it is - BOOBIES. Note that I probably gave this a lot more because the characters are supposed to be Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment